This course establishes foundational microservice architecture and design principles, and further introduces containerization concepts and container characteristics, along with a series of enabling technologies and technology drivers for cloud-based microservices. A set of fundamental design patterns are provided and the course concludes with an overview of DevOps process and practices.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Introduction to Microservice Architecture
– Common Microservice Design Challenges
– Microservices and Design Granularity
– Microservice Guiding Design Principles
– Introduction to Containerization
– Containerization vs. Virtualization
– Fundamental Container Architecture Elements
– Container Engines, Build Files, Images and Networking
– Microservice Automation, Logging and Monitoring
– Microservice Instance Registration
– Scaling Technology, Basic Scalability Types and Mechanisms
– Technology Drivers for Cloud-based Microservice Deployments
– Micro Task Abstraction and Micro Task Segregation
– Rich Containers and Logical Pod Containers
– DevOps Practices and Benefits
– DevOps Stages and Toolchains
– Domain-Driven Design and Microservices
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 9 Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Note that this Study Kit can be purchased with or without a discounted Pearson VUE voucher for Exam S90.09B.
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all SOACP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. SOACP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective and industry-level understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with vendor-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.