This course provides an in-depth exploration of the overarching models and underlying mechanics of service-oriented technology architecture. A wide range of topic areas is covered to provide techniques, insights and perspectives of the inner workings of service and composition architectures, including messaging, microservice deployments, service contracts, API gateways, containerization and many more.
The following primary topics are covered:
– SOA vs. Traditional Architectures
– Understanding Service and Composition Architectures
– Logic Centralization, Schema Centralization and Canonicl Schemas
– Dual Protocols, Canonical Resources and Inventory Endpoints
– Contract Centralization, Official Endpoints and Services with Concurrent Contracts
– Lightweight Endpoints, Reusable and Uniform Contracts
– Service Façades, Legacy Wrappers and Service Data Replication
– Microservice Deployments and Containerization
– Redundant Implementations, Content Negotiation and Idempotent Capabilities
– Messaging Metadata, State Messaging and Event-Driven Messaging
– Service Instance Routing, Endpoint Redirection, Service Agents and Intermediate Routing
– API Gateways and Asynchronous Queuing
– Data Format Transformation, Data Model Transformation and Protocol Bridging
– Service Brokers and the Enterprise Service Bus
– Orchestration and Compensating Service Transactions
– Composition Autonomy, Entity Linking and State Repositories
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 7 Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 7 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
About the Text Book
This SOACP course module covers a range of in-depth topics that are described in the course booklet and further elaborated by more detailed coverage in the associated SOA Design Patterns text book from the acclaimed Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl. This text book is included in paperback format as part of the Study Kit and may be provided in paperback or electronic format as part of workshops.
This course is part of the following certification tracks:
– Certified SOA Architect
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all SOACP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. SOACP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective and industry-level understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with vendor-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.