This course delves into a series of advanced service API design and management patterns to provide techniques for accommodating complex requirements, coupling concerns and various evolutionary and versioning challenges. Text-based and binary data serialization protocols are explored, along with a number of Web-capable RPC protocols, including gRPC, GraphQL and Falcor.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Service API Monetization Models and Payment Models
– Service API Denormalization and Service Decomposition
– Service Mesh Environments and Service API Proxies
– Non-Binary Data Serialization with XML and JSON
– Binary Data Serialization with Protocol Buffers and Apache Avro
– Web-Capable RPC Protocols, including gRPC, GraphQL and Avro
– Proxy, Distributed and Decomposed Service API Capabilities
– Validation Abstraction and Partial Abstraction
– Service API Versioning Patterns and Uniform Contract Versioning
– Concurrent Service APIs, Dual Protocols and Legacy Wrappers
– Messaging Metadata and State Messaging
– Lightweight Endpoints and Entity Linking
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 13 Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is part of the following certification track(s):
– Certified Service API Specialist
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all SOACP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. SOACP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective and industry-level understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with vendor-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.