This course delves into established and alternative service API protocols to explore how each functions and to provide a comparison that helps determine when one service protocol may be more suitable than others. A series of service API design and management patterns are covered, along with an exploration of the service mesh model and how it compares with API gateways.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Understanding gRPC for (.proto and XML)
– Unary RPC, Client/Server Streaming RCP and Bidirectional RPC
– Understanding GraphQL, Data Requests and Fetches, Caching
– Understanding Falcor, Falcor vs. GraphQL, Request Batching
– Understanding Thrift (Processor, Protocol and Transport Layers)
– Concurrent Contracts, Contract Denormalization and Canonical Schema
– Schema Centralization, Policy Centralization and Canonical Protocol
– Dual Protocols and Legacy Wrappers
– Messaging Metadata and State Messaging
– Service Mesh Model, Library, Proxy and Sidecar
– Service Mesh vs. API Gateway
– Service API Management
– Decomposed Capability, Distributed Capability and Proxy Capability
– Validation Abstraction and Partial Validation
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 13 Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Note that this Study Kit can be purchased with or without a discounted Pearson VUE voucher for Exam S90.13B.
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all SOACP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. SOACP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective and industry-level understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with vendor-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.