This course covers essential topics pertaining to modern-day service API design and management, including API roles, the API lifecycle, positive and negative API coupling types and fundamental API design and management patterns. Also covered are API proxies, API gateways and fundamental API versioning.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Introduction to APIs and API Roles
– Public, Private and Partner API Models
– API Granularity Levels
– Positive and Negative Service API Coupling Types
– Indirect Forms of Negative Service API Coupling
– Decoupled Service APIs, Service Façades and Service Agents
– Endpoint Redirection and Idempotent Capabilities
– Service API Proxy Design and Architecture
– Data Model Transformation, Data Format Transformation and Protocol Bridging
– API Gateways and API Management Platforms
– Intermediate Routing, Brokered Authentication and Multi-Channel Endpoints
– Common Service API Management Metrics
– Service API Versioning Basics
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 12 Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.