This course provides an easy to understand, end-to-end overview of contemporary service concepts and technologies pertaining to modern-day microservices and service-oriented computing, as well as business and technology-related topics pertaining to service-oriented architecture (SOA).
The following primary topics are covered:
– Business and Technology Drivers for SOA, Services and Microservices
– Strategic Goals and Benefits of Service-Oriented Computing
– Plain English Introduction to Services and Microservices
– Fundamental Characteristics of a Service-Oriented Architecture
– Understanding Service-Orientation as a Design Paradigm, including the Four Pillars of Service-Orientation
– Introduction to Service Layers, Service Models and Service Compositions
– Service Inventories, Service Layers and Service API Governance and Management
– Introduction to Common Service Technologies, including API Gateways, Virtualization, Containerization
– Introduction to Cloud Computing and Cloud Services
– Adoption Impacts, including considerations for Governance, Infrastructure, Performance and Standardization
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 1 Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 1 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials, which includes access to the official SOACP Module 1 Online Video Course:
Note that this Study Kit can be purchased with or without a discounted Pearson VUE exam voucher.
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
About the Text Book
This SOACP course module covers a range of in-depth topics that are described in the course booklet and further elaborated by more detailed coverage in the associated Service-Oriented Architecture: Analysis & Design for Services and Microservices (2nd Edition) text book from the acclaimed Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl. This text book is included in electronic format as part of the Study Kit and may be provided in paperback or electronic format as part of workshops.
This course corresponds to Exam S90.01B, which is required for the following certification(s):
– Certified SOA Professional
– Certified SOA Analyst
– Certified SOA Architect
– Certified Microservice Architect
– Certified Service Technology Consultant
– Certified Service API Specialist
– Certified Service Governance Specialist
– Certified Service Security Specialist
– Certified Service Quality Assurance Specialist
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all SOACP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. SOACP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective and industry-level understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with vendor-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.