This foundational course provides end-to-end coverage of fundamental cloud computing topics as they pertain to both technology and business considerations. The course content is divided into a series of modular sections, each of which is accompanied by one or more hands-on exercises.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Fundamental Cloud Computing Terminology and Concepts
– Basics of Virtualization
– Specific Characteristics that Define a Cloud
– Understanding Elasticity, Resiliency, On-Demand and Measured Usage
– Benefits, Challenges and Risks of Contemporary Cloud Computing Platforms and Cloud Services
– Cloud Resource Administrator and Cloud Service Owner Roles
– Cloud Service and Cloud Service Consumer Roles
– Understanding the Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud Delivery Model
– Understanding the Platform as a Service (PaaS) Cloud Delivery Model
– Understanding the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Cloud Delivery Model
– Combining Cloud Delivery Models
– Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and Community Cloud Deployment Models
– Business Cost Metrics and Formulas for Comparing and Calculating Cloud and On-Premise Solution Costs
– Formulas for Calculating and Rating SLA Quality of Service Characteristics
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants. Some public and private workshops offer promotions whereby participants receive entire Study Kits for attending workshops, or are offered discounts for the purchase of Study Kits and/or Pearson VUE exam vouchers.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the CCP Module 1 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the CCP Module 1 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials, which includes access to the official CCP Module 1 Online Video Course:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
About the Text Book
This CCP course module covers a range of in-depth topics that are described in the course booklets and further elaborated by more detailed coverage in the associated Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture text book from the acclaimed Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl. This text book is included in paperback format as part of the Study Kit and may be provided in paperback or electronic format as part of workshops.
This course is part of the following certification tracks:
– Certified Cloud Professional
– Certified Cloud Technology Professional
– Certified Cloud Architect
– Certified Cloud Security Specialist
– Certified Cloud Governance Specialist
– Certified Cloud Storage Specialist
– Certified Cloud Virtualization Specialist
– Certified Cloud Capacity Specialist
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all CCP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. CCP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with product-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.