EXAM FORMAT OPTIONS
Arcitura offers a wide range of exams that can be taken at testing centers around the world, as well as during private and public workshops and also via online proctoring.
Combined Exams and Module-Specific Exams
Arcitura now offers three flexible exam options for you to achieve a certification:
- Pass a single combined exam to achieve a certification. Recommended for those who want to only take a single exam that encompasses all course modules within a certification track.
- Complete a partial combined exam. Recommended for those who have already obtained a certification in the same program and would like to achieve another certification without having to be retested on fundamental course topics.
- Pass one module-specific exam for each course module in a certification track. Recommended for those who want to progress gradually through the track and who would like to be assessed after each course module before proceeding to the next.
Note that many exams are available at Pearson VUE testing centers and via Pearson VUE online proctoring, and all exams are available via on-site proctoring.
A combined exam encompasses the topics covered by all courses within a certification track. A module-specific exam encompasses the topics of a single course. If a certification track is comprised of five courses, then five module-specific exams can be taken as an alternative to a single combined exam. Achieving a passing grade on the combined exam is equivalent to achieving passing grades on the corresponding set of module-specific exams, which means that the same certification is awarded in both cases.
How to Choose the Right Option for You
Here are some considerations:
- Taking a combined exam can be more convenient. It is time-effective because the exam duration is lower than the total time of the corresponding module-specific exams.
- When taking module-specific exams, you receive immediate feedback from the results of each exam that helps assess the level of understanding you attained in one course module before proceeding to the next course module in the track.
- If you fail a module-specific exam, you only need to retake that one exam which covers a subset of topics in the certification track.
- If you fail a combined exam and if you want to retake the same combined exam, you will be again tested on a broader range of topics in the certification track.
More About Partial Combined Exams
Most certification tracks share the same prerequisite fundamental course modules. If you have already completed an Arcitura certification and you would like to achieve another certification in the same program or school, you can consider taking a combined partial exam to avoid being retested on fundamental topics.
For example, in the CCP program (from Cloud School), the Cloud Architect certification track includes Modules 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 and Cloud Security Specialist certification track includes Modules 1, 2, 7, 8 and 9. Both tracks include the same two fundamental courses: CCP Modules 1 and 2. If you achieved the Cloud Architect certification and would then like to achieve the Cloud Security Specialist certification, you can choose to take the partial combined Cloud Security Specialist certification exam, which would only test you on topics from Modules 7, 8 and 9.
Combined exams published with Pearson VUE use a unique exam system (developed together by Pearson VUE and Arcitura Education) that allows you to choose the partial or complete version before launching the exam.
EXAM DELIVERY OPTIONS
Taking Exams at Testing Centers
All available Arcitura exams can be taken at Pearson VUE testing centers world-wide. Online registration for exams is available at www.pearsonvue.com/arcitura. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Taking Exams via Online Proctoring
All available Arcitura exams can be taken via Pearson VUE Online Proctoring, which enables you to take exams from your home or office workstation with a live proctor. Exams can be scheduled at almost any location and for any time zone, and often on short notice. Online registration for online-proctored exams is available at www.pearsonvue.com/arcitura/op. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Taking On-Site Exams during an Instructor-Led Workshop
It is possible for Arcitura exams to be taken during the delivery of private and public on-site workshops. In this case, the Certified Trainer teaching the workshop also acts as the exam proctor and provides a recap of each course prior to each exam. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding this option.
Arcitura Exam Retake Policy
The following is the official Arcitura exam retake policy for all exams. This policy applies to exams taken at testing centers, via online proctoring and/or when administered by a Certified Trainer at private or public workshops.
- If you fail an exam for the first time, you must wait 24 hours to retake the exam.
- If you fail an exam a second time, you must wait 14 days to retake the exam again.
- You can retake an exam a maximum of five times in a 12-month period.
If you have any further questions regarding exam retakes, please contact email@example.com.