This course covers engineering-related concepts, techniques and technologies for the processing and storage of Big Data datasets. It highlights the unique challenges faced when processing and storing large, volatile and disparate sets of data. NoSQL is covered and the MapReduce data processing engine is explained in detail as a base framework for high-volume batch data processing.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Big Data Engineering Techniques and Challenges
– Big Data Storage, including Sharding, Replication, CAP Theorem, ACID and BASE
– Master-Slave, Peer-to-Peer Replication, Combining Replication with Sharding
– Big Data Storage Requirements, Scalability, Redundancy and Availability
– Fast Access, Long-term Storage, Schema-less Storage and Inexpensive Storage
– On-Disk Storage, including Distributed File System and Databases
– Introduction to NoSQL and NewSQL
– NoSQL Rationale and Characteristics
– NoSQL Database Types, including Key-Value, Document, Column-Family and Graph Databases
– Big Data Processing Engines
– Distributed/Parallel Data Processing, Schema-less Data Processing
– Multi-Workload Support, Linear Scalability and Fault-Tolerance
– Big Data Processing Requirements, including Batch, Cluster and Realtime Modes
– MapReduce for Big Data Processing, including Map, Combine, Partition, Shuffle and Sort and Reduce
– MapReduce Algorithm Design
– Task Parallism, Data Parallism
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 7 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 7 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.