This course covers the spectrum of key topics pertaining to the Internet of Things (IoT) from both business and technical aspects. How IoT has impacted and is being utilized within different industries is explored and essential IoT concepts, models and technologies are introduced and related to fundamental IoT characteristics and functions.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Business and Technology Drivers and Evolution of IoT
– Understanding IoT Business Models and Design Processes
– Any X-Point of View and IoT Characteristics
– Intelligence model and Hybrid Architecture
– Scalability and Unprecedent Events
– Communication protocols and Localization
– Everything-as-a-Service (XaaS)
– IoT in Different Domains and Industries
– IoT Enabling Technologies
– End-User Devices, Sensors and Specialized Hardware Devices
– Communication and Networking Technologies
– IoT Software Technologies and Algorithms
– IoT Data and Signal Processing Technologies
– IoT and Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
– IoT High Level Architecture Overview
– Node, Network, Communication and Access Layers
– Operation and Management Layer
– Service Enablement and Aggregation layer
– IoT Security and Privacy Challenges
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the IoT Module 1 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the IoT Module 1 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is one of three courses that are used to prepare for Exam IT90.01. A passing grade on this exam is required to achieve the IoT Architect certification.
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
IoT course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific tools. The courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with product-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.