This course delves into the application of DevOps practices and models by exploring how the DevOps lifecycle and its associated stages can be carried out and further identifying related challenges and considerations. In-depth coverage is provided for the application of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) approaches, along with an exploration of creating deployment pipelines and managing data flow, solution versions and tracking solution dependencies.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Understanding Codified Definitions
– Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and Configuration Modules
– Continuous Testing and Collaborative Version Control
– Immutable Infrastructure and Self-Documented Resources
– Configuration-as-Code (CaC) and Continuous Software Releases
– Traceable Configuration Changes and Configuration Status Awareness
– Programmatic Versioning and Automated Configuration Testing
– Policy-as-Code (PaC) and Policy Systems
– Automated Policy Application and Enforcement Testing
– The 17 Common DevOps Metrics
– Continuous Monitoring
– The 8 Common DevOps Monitors
– Measuring DevOps, Mapping Metrics to Monitors
– Mapping Metrics and Monitors to Pipeline Stages
– DevOps with Microservices and Containers
– DevOps with Cloud Computing and Pay-Per-Use Monitoring
– CI, CD, Continuous Deployment with Microservices and Cloud Computing
– IaC, CaC, PaC with Microservices and Cloud Computing
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the DevOps Module 2 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the DevOps Module 2 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
DevOps course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific tools. The courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with product-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.