This course provides a clear, end-to-end understanding of how blockchain works. It breaks down blockchain technology and architecture in easy-to-understand concepts, terms and building blocks. Industry drivers and impacts of blockchain are explained, followed by plain English descriptions of each primary part of a blockchain system and step-by-step descriptions of how these parts work together.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Benefits and Challenges of Blockchain
– Blockchain Business Drivers and Technology Drivers
– Understanding Blockchain’s Decentralized Model
– Blockchain Value Propositions
– How Blockchain Can be Used for Different Industries
– Blockchain Applications, Networks and the Distributed Ledger
– How the Distributed Ledger Can Relate to Relational Database
– Fundamental Components of a Blockchain Architecture
– Transactions, Records and Pools
– Blocks, Chains and Block Headers
– Blockchain Users, Full Nodes and Partial Nodes
– Step-by-Step Understanding of the Record and Block Lifecycle
– Step-by-Step Understanding of How the Merkle Tree Works
– Step-by-Step Understanding of How Consensus Works
– Consensus Algorithms (PoW, PoS, PoA, DPoS, LPoS, PoI, PoET, PoC, PoB, Round Robin)
– Public vs. Private / Permissionless vs. Permissioned Blockchains
– Coins, Tokens, Smart Contracts
– Basics of Crypto Hashing and Cryptography
– On-Chain, Off-Chain and Cross-Chain Activity
– Common Blockchain Metrics
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Blockchain Module 1 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Blockchain Module 1 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is one of three courses that are used to prepare for Exam BC90.01. A passing grade on this exam is required to achieve the Blockchain Architect certification.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.