This course delves into the service-oriented architectural model and the service-orientation design paradigm and establishes the unique characteristics and dynamics that constitute service-oriented solution logic.
The following primary topics are covered:
– History of Service-Orientation and SOA
– SOA Theory Fundamentals
– Service-Orientation vs. “Silo” based Design
– Distinguishing Characteristics of the SOA Model
– Understanding Services and Service Capabilities
– Complex Service Composition Design, Composition Runtime Roles and Responsibilities
– The Eight Design Principles of Service-Orientation
– Contract First Design, Standardized Service Contracts, and Uniform Contracts
– Service Loose Coupling and Coupling Types, Service Abstraction and Information Hiding
– Service Reusability and Agnostic Design
– Service Autonomy and Runtime Control
– Service Statelessness and State Deferral
– Service Discoverability, Interpretability
– Introduction to SOA Design Patterns
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants. Some public and private workshops offer promotions whereby participants receive entire Self-Study Kits for attending workshops, or are offered discounts for the purchase of Self-Study Kits and/or Pearson VUE exam vouchers.
Taking the Course using a Self-Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Self-Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the SOACP Module 3 Self-Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the Self-Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Self-Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Self-Study Kit for this course:
Note that any required text book(s) for this course are not included as part of the Self-Study Kit and need to be purchased separately. Also, this Self-Study Kit can be purchased with or without a discounted Pearson VUE voucher for Exam S90.03A.
Self-Study Kits and Bundles and associated text books can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Self-Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
About the Text Book
This SOACP course module covers a range of in-depth topics that are described in the course booklet and further elaborated by more detailed coverage in the associated SOA Principles of Service Design text book from the acclaimed Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl.
This course corresponds to Exam S90.03A, which is required for the following certification(s):
– Certified SOA Consultant
– Certified SOA Analyst
– Certified SOA Architect
– Certified SOA Java Developer
– Certified SOA .NET Developer
– Certified SOA Governance Specialist
– Certified SOA Security Specialist
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all SOACP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. SOACP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective and industry-level understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with vendor-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Self-Study Kit.