This course provides an easy-to-understand overview of machine learning for anyone interested in how it works, what it can and cannot do and how it is commonly utilized in support of business goals. The course covers common algorithm types and further explains how machine learning systems work behind the scenes. The base course materials are accompanied with an informational supplement covering a range of common algorithms and practices.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Machine Learning Business and Technology Drivers
– Machine Learning Benefits and Challenges
– Machine Learning Usage Scenarios
– Datasets, Structured, Unstructured and Semi-Structured Data
– Models, Algorithms, Model Training and Learning
– How Machine Learning Works
– Collecting and Pre-Processing Training Data
– Algorithm and Model Selection
– Training Models and Deploy Trained Models
– Machine Learning Algorithms and Practices
– Supervised Learning, Classification, Decision Tree
– Regression, Ensemble Methods, Dimension Reduction
– Unsupervised Learning and Clustering
– Semi-Supervised and Reinforcement Learning
– Machine Learning Best Practices
– How Machine Learning Systems Work
– Common Machine Learning Mechanisms
– How Mechanisms Are Used in Model Training
– Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Machine Learning Module 1 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online and offline (download) access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Machine Learning Module 1 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.