This course provides a drill-down into key areas of IoT technology architecture and enabling technologies by breaking down IoT environments into individual building blocks via design patterns and associated implementation mechanisms. Layered architectural models are covered, along with design techniques and feature-sets covering the processing of telemetry data, positioning of control logic, performance optimization, as well as addressing scalability and reliability concerns.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Components of an IoT Device (including sensor, actuator, modem, control logic, etc.)
– IoT Platforms, Gateways and Publish-Subscribe Systems
– Device Shadows and Device Shadow Registries
– Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and the Truncated Exponential Back-off Algorithm
– Fundamental Functional Distribution Patterns
– Autonomous Controlling Device Model, Intermediary Controlling Model
– Multi-Gateway Intermediary Controlling Model, Recipient Device Controlling Model
– Telemetry Processing Patterns
– Minimalized Data, Canonical Data Format
– Telemetry Modeling, Intermediary Metadata Provisioning
– Information Transduction and Encoding
– Performance Optimization Patterns
– Observe Messaging, Transport Quality Traffic Profile
– Reconnection Request Regulation, Device Workload Regulation
– Security, Reliability and Utility Patterns
– Radio Transport Encryption, Firmware Integrity Attestation
– Message Bookkeeping, Multimode Communication
– Network-Based Positioning and Triangulation
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the IoT Module 2 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the IoT Module 2 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is one of three courses that are used to prepare for Exam IoT90.01. A passing grade on this exam is required to achieve the IoT Architect certification.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.