This course provides a drill-down into key areas of IoT technology architecture and enabling technologies. A range of architectural models and layers are covered, along with core mechanisms pertaining to data collection, communication and device-related functions. Various relevant communication layers and protocols are also addressed, together with device and discovery functions.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Understanding the IoT Architecture Approach
– IoT Business, Functional and Technology Architectures
– IoT Application, Protocol, Data and Analytics Architectures
– IoT Device Specifications, Types, and Access
– IoT Device Data Store and Transfer Capabilities
– IoT Data Collection Mechanics
– SQL RDBMS, NoSQL and Time Series Data
– Heterogeneous, Cloud and External Data
– IoT Communication Mechanisms
– Human-to-Machine, Machine-to-Human, Machine-to-Machine Interactions
– IoT Communication Channels and Protocol Technologies
– Cellular, WiFi, LoRaWAN, Satellite and Geo-sensing
– ZigBee LAN, Bluetooth, Z Wave, Gateways and Firewalls
– IoT Device or Service Discovery
– Bluetooth Beacon, WiFi Aware and Physical Web
– Open Hybrid, Shazam and Chrips
– IoT Communication and Networking Protocols
– IoT Network Layer and Data Link Layer Protocols, OSI and Encapsulations
– Edge Computing and Fog Computing
– IoT Session Layer and Management protocols
– IoT Learning Principles including Learning Lifecycle, Predictions, Patterns
– Clustering and Dynamic Machine Learning
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the IoT Module 2 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the IoT Module 2 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is one of three courses that are used to prepare for Exam IT90.01. A passing grade on this exam is required to achieve the IoT Architect certification.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.