This course provides a comprehensive overview of DevOps practices, models and techniques, along with coverage of DevOps benefits, challenges and business and technology drivers. Also explained is how DevOps compares to traditional solution development and release approaches and how the application of DevOps can be monitored and measured for concrete business value.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Business Drivers of DevOps
– IT Roles in DevOps Projects
– Goals and Benefits of DevOps Adoption
– Interoperability and Transparent Collaboration
– Rapid Delivery, Responsive Scalability and Increased Reliability
– Impacts and Challenges of DevOps Adoption
– Automation, Measurement and Unified Metrics
– DevOps Platform and Toolchain
– The 19 Common DevOps Tools, Repositories and Systems
– DevOps Lifecycle and Stages
– Delivery Pipeline, Feedback Loop and Dark Launching
– Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
– Automated Builds and Automated Testing
– Continuous Deployment and Automated Release Management
– Dependency Management, Infrastructure Resource Staging and Compliance Verification
– Introduction to IaC, PaC and CaC
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the DevOps Module 1 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the DevOps Module 1 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.