This course provides comprehensive coverage of containerization models, technologies,mechanisms and environments. How the utilization of containers impacts both the technology and business of an organization are covered, along with many technical features, characteristics and deployment environments.
The following primary topics are covered:
– A Brief History of Containerization
– Traditional Linux Containers and the Evolution of Contemporary Containers
– Containers vs. Virtual Machines and Server Virtualization
– LXC/LDX, Docker and Kubernetes
– Technical and Business Benefits and Challenges of using Containers
– Fundamental Container Architectural Models
– Container Engines, Build Files and Images
– Cloud-based Containers and Container Pods
– Fundamental Container Scalability and Availability
– Container Configuration Management
– Containers and Immutable Infrastructure Resources
– Containers and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC )
– Containerizing Stateful Applications
– Containers and Namespaces
– Fundamental Containerization Patterns and Mechanisms
– Rich Containers and Serverless Deployment
– Container Chains and Sidecars
– Application Mobility with Containers
– How Containers Relate to and Support Microservices and Machine Learning
– Utilizing Containers with DevOps and CI/CD
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Containerization Module 1 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Containerization Module 1 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is one of three courses that are used to prepare for Exam CN90.01. A passing grade on this exam is required to achieve the Containerization Architect certification.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.