This course covers a series of practices for preparing and working with data for training and running contemporary AI systems and neural networks. It further provides techniques for designing and optimizing neural networks, including approaches for measuring and tuning neural network model performance. The practices and techniques are documented as design patterns that can be applied individually or in different combinations to address a range of common AI system problems and requirements. The patterns are further mapped to the learning approaches, functional areas and neural network types that were introduced in Module 1: Fundamental Artificial Intelligence.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Data Wrangling Patterns for Preparing Data for Neural Network Input
– Feature Encoding for Converting Categorical Features
– Feature Imputation for Inferring Feature Values
– Feature Scaling for Training Datasets with Broad Features
– Text Representation for Converting Data while Preserving Semantic and Syntactic Properties
– Dimensionality Reduction to Reduce Feature Space for Neural Network Input
– Supervised Learning Patterns for Training Neural Network Models
– Supervised Network Configuration for Establishing the Number of Neurons in Network Layers
– Image Identification for using a Convolutional Neural Network
– Sequence Identification for using a Long Short Term Memory Neural Network
– Unsupervised Learning Patterns for Training Neural Network Models
– Pattern Identification for Visually Identifying Patterns via a Self Organizing Map
– Content Filtering for Generating Recommendations
– Model Evaluation Patterns for Measuring Neural Network Performance
– Training Performance Evaluation for Assessing Neural Network Performance
– Prediction Performance Evaluation for Predicting Neural Network Performance in Production
– Baseline Modeling for Assessing and Comparing Complex Neural Networks
– Model Optimization Patterns for Refining and Adapting Neural Networks
– Overfitting Avoidance for Tuning a Neural Network
– Frequent Model Retraining for Keeping a Neural Network in Synch with Current Data
– Transfer Learning for Accelerating Neural Network Training
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Artificial Intelligence Module 2 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the Artificial Intelligence Module 2 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.