This course builds upon Module 16 by exploring a range of industry practices and management and design topics for cloud-based contemporary virtualization environments, by breaking them down into design patterns and technologies that can be combined to form common cloud-based technology architectures and solutions.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Connectivity and Accessibility Considerations
– Virtual Server and Virtual Switch Isolation
– NAT/Host and External Connectivity
– Performance, Capacity and Scaling Considerations
– Direct I/O and Single Root I/O Virtualization
– LUN Access and NIC Teaming
– Elastic Resources and Resource Workload Management
– Load Balanced Virtual Server and Virtual Switches
– Different Forms of Virtual Server and Host Affinity/Non-Affinity
– Memory Over-Committing and Power Consumption Reduction
– Failover and Recovery and Zero Downtime
– Resource Pooling and Reservation and Auto Crash Recovery
– Hypervisor Clustering and Redundant Physical Connections
– Migration and Relocation Considerations
– Cross-Hypervisor Workload Mobility and Non-Disruptive Service Relocation
– Persistent Virtual Network Configurations and Virtual Server Folder Migration
– Virtual Disk Splitting and Stateless Hypervisors
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants. Some public and private workshops offer promotions whereby participants receive entire Study Kits for attending workshops, or are offered discounts for the purchase of Study Kits and/or Pearson VUE exam vouchers.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the CCP Module 17 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
About the Text Book
This CCP course module covers a range of in-depth topics that are described in the course booklets and further elaborated by detailed technical coverage and case study examples in the associated Cloud Computing Design Patterns text book from the acclaimed Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl. This text book is included in eBook format as part of the Study Kit and may be provided in paperback or electronic format as part of workshops.
This course is part of the following certification track(s):
– Certified Cloud Virtualization Specialist
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.