This course explains IT governance as it pertains to the evolution and regulation of cloud computing environments and assets. Numerous models and framework components are explored to establish highly structured models for identifying and associating formal cloud governance precepts and processes to common cloud project stages.
The cloud governance lifecycle itself is described, along with associated tools and technologies that are further categorized into technology types that help automate different cloud governance task types. Cloud domain IT resource inventory models and cloud governance level models are also defined to help formalize and customize a comprehensive cloud governance framework.
Finally, the course concludes by providing precepts and processes for the project plan stage, including strategic roadmap definition and criteria for cloud maturity and adoption. Additional project stages are covered in CCP Module 11.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Understanding Cloud Governance Programs, Models, and Controls
– The Cloud Governance Lifecycle
– Common Cloud Project Lifecycle Stages (and How They are Governed)
– Cloud Domain IT Resource Inventory Models (centralized/federated cloud, centralized/federated multi-cloud)
– Cloud Governance Task Types (unsubscribed, automated, passive, active, etc.)
– Cloud Service Governance Types (simple, composite, hybrid, etc.)
– Cloud Governance Framework Components
– Cloud Governance Tools and Technology (registries, repositories, agents, network relays, policy systems, etc.)
– Cloud Governance Technology Types (administrative, enforcement, monitoring, reporting)
– Cloud Governance Precepts and Processes
– Cloud Governance Level Models (singe/multi enterprise/corporate)
– Defined Strategic Cloud Roadmap
– Defined Criteria of Cloud Maturity and Adoption
– Defined Cloud Service and Delivery Model
– Standardized Funding Model
– Strategic Cloud Planning and Stakeholder Engagement
– Cloud Maturity Model Definition and Cloud Maturity Gap Analysis
– Cloud Maturity Risk Assessment and Cloud Maturity Impact Analysis
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants. Some public and private workshops offer promotions whereby participants receive entire Study Kits for attending workshops, or are offered discounts for the purchase of Study Kits and/or Pearson VUE exam vouchers.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the CCP Module 10 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is part of the following certification track(s):
– Certified Cloud Governance Specialist
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.