This course builds upon Module 7 by exploring advanced engineering topics pertaining primarily to the storage and processing of Big Data datasets. Specifically, it covers advanced Big Data engineering mechanisms, in-memory data storage and realtime data processing.
The course presents further considerations for building MapReduce algorithms and also introduces the Bulk Synchronous Parallel (BSP) processing engine, along with a discussion of graph data processing. The Big Data mechanisms required for developing Big Data pipelines, its stages and the design process involved in building Big Data processing solutions are also explored.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Advanced Big Data Engineering Mechanisms
– Serialization and Compression Engines
– In-Memory Storage Devices
– In-Memory Data Grids and In-Memory Databases
– Read-Through, Read-Ahead, Write-Through and Write-Behind Integration Approaches
– Polyglot Persistence
– Explanation, Issues and Recommendations
– Realtime Big Data Processing
– Speed Consistency Volume (SCV)
– Event Stream Processing (ESP)
– Complex Event Processing (CEP)
– The SCV Principle
– General Realtime Big Data Processing and MapReduce
– Advanced MapReduce Algorithm Designs
– Bulk Synchronous Parallel (BSP) Processing Engine
– BSP vs. MapReduce
– BSP Synchronous Parallel
– Graph Data and Graph Data Processing using BSP (Supersteps)
– Big Data Pipelines, including Definition and Stages
– Big Data with Extract-Load-Transform (ELT)
– Big Data Solution Characteristics, Design Considerations and Design Process
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 8 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 8 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is part of the following certification track(s):
– Certified Big Data Engineer
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.