This course provides an in-depth overview of essential topic areas pertaining to data science and analysis techniques relevant and unique to Big Data with an emphasis on how analysis and analytics need to be carried out individually and collectively in support of the distinct characteristics, requirements and challenges associated with Big Data datasets.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Data Science, Data Mining & Data Modeling
– Big Data Dataset Categories
– High-Volume, High-Velocity, High-Variety, High-Veracity, High-Value Datasets
– Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
– EDA Numerical Summaries, Rules and Data Reduction
– EDA analysis types, including Univariate, Bivariate and Multivariate
– Essential Statistics, including Variable Categories and Relevant Mathematics
– Statistics Analysis, including Descriptive, Inferential, Covariance, Hypothesis Testing, etc.
– Measures of Variation or Dispersion, Interquartile Range & Outliers, Z-Score, etc.
– Probability, Frequency, Statistical Estimators, Confidence Interval, etc.
– Data Munging and Machine Learning
– Variables and Basic Mathematical Notations
– Statistical Measures and Statistical Inference
– Confirmatory Data Analysis (CDA)
– CDA Hypothesis Testing, Null Hypothesis, Alternative Hypothesis, Statistical Significance, etc.
– Distributions and Data Processing Techniques
– Data Discretization, Binning and Clustering
– Visualization Techniques, including Bar Graph, Line Graph, Histogram, Frequency Polygons, etc.
– Prediction Linear Regression, Mean Squared Error and Coefficient of Determination R2, etc.
– Clustering k-means, Cluster Distortion, Missing Feature Values, etc.
– Numerical Summaries
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Self-Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 4 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 4 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Note that this Study Kit can be purchased with or without a discounted Pearson VUE voucher for Exam B90.04.
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
About the Text Book
This BDSCP course module covers a range of in-depth topics that are described in the course booklet and further elaborated by more detailed coverage in the associated Doing Data Science text book. This text book is included in paperback format as part of the Study Kit and may be provided in paperback as part of workshops.
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all BDSCP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. BDSCP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with product-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.