This course builds upon Module 10 by exploring advanced topics pertaining to Big Data solution platform architecture. In particular, different architectural layers that make up the Big Data solution platform are introduced and discussed, including those pertaining to storage, processing and security. Also covered are a number of design patterns and compound patterns generally employed when building enterprise Big Data solutions.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Enterprise Data Warehouses and Big Data
– Operational Data Store, Data Marts and Analytical Databases
– Big Data Solution Architectural Layers
– Big Data Architecture, Maintenance and Governance
– Big Data Security Architecture
– Series, Parallel, Appliance and Virtualization Approaches
– Big Data and Cloud-based Storage and Data Processing
– Canonical Data and Large-Scale Graph Processing
– Realtime Access Storage and Direct Data Access
– Analytical Sandbox and Confidential Data Storage
– Batch Data Processing and Dataset Denormalization
– Online Data Repository and Big Data Warehouse Architecture
– Operational Data Store and Indirect Data Access
– Integrated Access and Centralized Dataset Governance
– Event Stream Processing and Complex Event Processing
– Fan-in Ingress, Fan-out Ingress and High Velocity Realtime Processing
– Data Egress, Data Visualization and Data Utilization
– Data Wrangling, Data Processing and Data Analysis Processing
– Big Data Solution Design Patterns and Architectural Compound Patterns
– Lambda Architecture, Layers, Characteristics and Benefits
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 11 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 11 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
This course is part of the following certification tracks:
– Certified Big Data Architect
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all BDSCP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. BDSCP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with product-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.