This course provides an overview of essential topic areas pertaining to Big Data solution platform architecture, covering a range of architectural models, approaches and considerations. Big Data mechanisms are explained for the creation of Big Data solutions, as well as architectural options for assembling data processing platforms.
The course further introduces the enterprise data warehouse and discusses various options for its integration with Big Data environments. Common scenarios are also presented to provide a basic understanding of how Big Data solutions are generally utilized. Finally, the use of cloud environments for the Big Data solutions is explored in the context of cloud computing delivery and deployment models.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Security Engines, Cluster Managers and Data Governance Managers
– Visualization Engines and Productivity Portals
– Machine-Level Data Processing Architectural Models
– Shared-Everything and Shared-Nothing Architectures
– Big Data Analytics Logical Architecture
– Data Sources and Data Acquisition Layers
– Storage, Processing and Batch Layers
– Realtime Processing, including Event Stream and Complex Event Processing
– Enterprise Data Warehouse and Big Data Integration Approaches (including Series and Parallel)
– Poly Source, including Relational, Streaming and File-based Sources
– Poly Storage, including Automatic Data Replication and Data Size Reduction
– Random Access Storage, including High Volume Binary, Tabular, Linked, Hierarchical and Data Sharding
– Large-Scale Batch Processing, Complex Decomposition and Processing Abstraction
– Poly Sink, including Relational Sink, File-based Sink and Automated Dataset Execution
– Big Data Appliance and Data Virtualization
– Architectural Environments, including ETL
– Analytics Engines and Application Enrichment
– Cloud Computing and Big Data Architectural Considerations
– Cloud Delivery and Deployment Models for Hosting Big Data Solutions
Duration: 1 Day
Taking the Course at a Workshop
This course can be taken as part of instructor-led workshops taught by Arcitura Certified Trainers. These workshops can be open for public registration or delivered privately for a specific organization. Certified Trainers can teach workshops in-person at a specific location or virtually using a video-enabled remote system, such as WebEx. Visit the Workshop Calendar page to view the current calendar of public workshops or visit the Private Training page to learn more about Arcitura’s worldwide private workshop delivery options.
Below are the base materials provided to public and private workshop participants.
Note that as a workshop participant, you may be eligible for discounts on the purchase of the Study Kit and Pearson VUE exam voucher for this course.
Taking the Course using a Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing a Study Kit, which includes the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed specifically for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 10 Study Kit page for pricing information and for details. Also, visit the Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
The following materials are provided in the Study Kit for this course:
Taking the Course using an eLearning Study Kit
This course can be completed via self-study by purchasing an eLearning Study Kit subscription, which includes online access to the base course materials as well as additional supplements and resources designed for self-paced study and exam preparation.
Visit the BDSCP Module 10 eLearning Study Kit page for pricing information and details. Also, visit the eLearning Study Kits Overview page for information regarding discounted Certification eLearning Study Kit Bundles for individual certification tracks.
This eLearning Study Kit provides access to the following materials:
Note that this Study Kit can be purchased with or without a discounted Pearson VUE voucher for Exam B90.10.
Study Kits and Study Bundles can be purchased using the online store. By purchasing and registering this Study Kit, you may be eligible for discounts on the registration of this course as part of a public workshop.
Vendor-Neutral Topic Overview
Note that all BDSCP course modules are focused on vendor-neutral topics and therefore do not provide detailed coverage of any vendor-specific platforms or technologies. BDSCP courses are intentionally authored this way so as to provide an unambiguous and objective understanding of practices and technology that can be further complemented with product-specific training.
Download a printable PDF document with information about this course module and its corresponding Study Kit.